The New Hampshire Lottery has received 13 proposals from potential vendors and retailers who are interested in offering sports betting in the US state.
The Lottery has issued a request for proposals (RFP) for operating sports wagering in New Hampshire on August 7, with responses being due by September 20.
Although the Lottery has said it will not release any further details about any of the proposals at this stage, given the confidential nature of the RFP process, it did state that it expects to approve final contracts by the end of November and also aims to launch the regulated market in early 2020.
It was previously stated that partners could be in place by January 1 2020, with the market set to launch by July 1 next year.
New Hampshire Lottery executive director, Charlie McIntyre, said: “We are pleased and encouraged at both the robust number of responses and the overall quality of proposals.
“As the critical next step in the process, we look forward to reviewing each response carefully and thoroughly to ensure we can ultimately make the right decisions in launching a sports betting system that engages and protects players, while also driving crucial revenue for education in the Granite State.”
July saw New Hampshire’s Governor, Chris Sununu sign new legislation into law, which enables the New Hampshire Lottery to conduct sports betting. The law also says that up to ten physical sportsbooks will be permitted to run into the state, in addition to five online sportsbooks.
Also set out in law is that consumers will not be able to bet on New Hampshire college teams or any college games which are taking place in the state, while players must be at least 18-years-old in order to place a legal wager.
In addition, the legalisation creates a Division of Sports Wagering within the New Hampshire Lottery to oversee the sports betting market.